McDonald’s is nothing short of a heaven for foodies all around the world. With the comfy ambience and abundant food items that come at affordable prices, it is an extremely convenient option to satiate your hunger. Unless, of course, you are looking for ice cream. One of the most popular things about McDonalds for its customers was the all-day breakfast option.
Unfortunately, McDonald's no longer serves all day breakfast to its customers. The famous fast-food store ceased its operations regarding all day breakfast in March 2020. However, the service may be available in certain parts of the United States.
Now that you have your answer to does Mcdonalds have all day breakfast, you probably have multiple follow-up questions. Hence, in this article, I am going to highlight everything relevant to this topic along with some additional details so you have more options to look at. I would recommend reading the whole article so that you are thoroughly informed.
Why Does McDonald’s No Longer Have All Day Breakfast?
In 2015, All Day Breakfast was introduced, and it rapidly became a popular option for customers because they could get their favorite breakfast items even after the official breakfast time had ended.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, all-day breakfast was no longer available. The lack of customers coming to the stores was not the only reason behind the decision. According to McDonald’s, removing all day breakfast from the menu increased the efficiency of the food store. It was a decision made by the corporate office of the company.
Customer orders were delivered faster and orders were almost never misplaced by the staff. There was a better chain of communication between the staff, which led to better service for the customers. Additionally, operations taking place in the kitchen became much simpler.
McDonald’s General Breakfast Hours
You are probably curious about the general breakfast hours of McDonald’s since the breakfast hours are limited now. From Monday to Thursday, the breakfast hours are from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. The hours are the same for Saturdays and Sundays. On Friday, the hours start at the same time, that is, at 5 am, yet end at 11:30 am as a special gesture.
However, the breakfast hours can be different across different stores in different locations, so it is best if you contact them unless you know for sure. Do keep in mind that the breakfast hours almost always change during the holidays, unless the stores are closed altogether.
Availability Of All Day Breakfast Across Different Regions Of The United States
Around the month of October in 2021, McDonald’s announced through Twitter that they were bringing back All Day Breakfast. Florida, Nevada, and Arizona are prime examples where a few McDonald’s outlets still avail the option of All Day Breakfast.
Throughout the year, more than 120,000 customers took to Twitter to express their disappointment with the cancellation of All Day Breakfast and urged McDonald’s to bring it back to the menu. The food store paid heed to their requests.
There is no clear distinction as to which specific outlets of the aforementioned states still have the All Day Breakfast option on their menus. So, I would advise you to contact them first before visiting the fast-food store. In addition, the breakfast items and the breakfast hours still vary from location to location, so you might want to check on that too.
To get a little bit of insight as to what I am referring to, you can check this out.
All Day Breakfast And Its Breakfast Items In McDonald’s
Even though the items may vary and you might not find what you want everywhere, you can still get an idea about what items to expect from the breakfast list on McDonald’s website. You can find it here.
Due to the multiple options present, it can be difficult to choose which breakfast item to choose, so below I have mentioned which all day breakfast items in Mcdonald's are the best ones.
- Hash browns
- Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit
- Big breakfast with hotcakes
- Sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddles
- Steak, egg, and cheese biscuit
- Yogurt parfait
- Fruit and maple oatmeal
Which Food Stores Have All Day Breakfast, Unlike McDonald’s?
There is no reason you ought to feel despair if one of your favorite fast-food restaurants has ceased its all day breakfast deals, especially if you are a late riser. There are other fish in the sea as well. So, below I have listed some alternate restaurants that still offer all day breakfast on their menu.
Denny’s offers all day breakfast every day of the year, 24/7. They also have pickup, delivery, and dine-in services. Yet, you have to separately ask for the breakfast meals after the usual time for breakfast has passed. They only tell you the options when you separately ask for them.
The most convenient thing about the fast-food restaurant is that their timings are consistent across all regions of the United States, so you have no need to contact them about their availability beforehand. Here is their menu.
Jack In The Box
Jack in the box offers all day breakfast 24 hours a day. Although in certain locations, the store is closed by 10 pm. In very few locations, breakfast is only served from 10:30 till 11 am. So, make sure you know their breakfast hours based on your location.
Their all day breakfast offers come in all forms. Third-delivery partners, drive-thru, mobile apps are all there. Pick-ups are only available in certain outlets.
Jack in the box has a variety of breakfast items for their all day breakfast menu. Their most popular breakfast platters are the Hearty Breakfast Bowl and the Denver Breakfast Bowl.
The Hearty Breakfast Bowl consists of bacon, eggs, hash brown sticks, sausage, shredded cheddar sauce, and white cheddar sauce.
The Denver Breakfast Bowl includes sliced ham, scrambled eggs, hash brown sticks, white cheddar sauce, shredded cheddar sauce, green and red bell peppers. In case you are looking for more options, you can check out their menu here.
Sonic takes it to the next level and is open to serving their entire menu for every hour of the day. By "every hour," I mean the hours throughout which Sonic operates. For instance, most outlets open at 6 a.m. and close around midnight. So, you can find breakfast, lunch, and even dinner items during these hours. Here is the menu of Sonic.
Known as the International House of Pancakes, it is no surprise that IHOP specializes in offering an all-day breakfast. Throughout the week, the outlets open at 6 am and close at 10 pm, except on Fridays and Saturdays, when they close at 12 am.
All food items on their menu are available during these operating hours. They also operate at the same time during holidays. IHOP’s menu has more than 60 items and you can check them all out here.
Waffle House serves all their items on the menu whenever you can go and order them. That is 365 days a year, 24/7. Orders are available for pick-up, dine-in, or delivery. With over 2000 outlets, you can find breakfast items available at any nearby store. However, a few locations might have different closing and opening times.
Since its inception in 1995, there are certain breakfast dishes that have grown in popularity over time. To make it easier for you to choose from the various options on their menu, I have listed the 4 most-ordered meals from Waffle House below.
- Pecan Waffle and Drink
- All Star Special
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Texas Melt
- Large Hashbrowns
If you are looking for the full menu, simply click here.
What Other Recent Changes Are Made To The Mcdonald's Menu?
McDonald's holds a special place in everyone's hearts, so when there are changes to the menu in any way, it is understandable if you feel a bit of trepidation at the thought of your favorite items being removed, mixed with a feeling of excitement at the prospect of new food items. Below, I have mentioned the top changes McDonald's has made to its menu in recent times.
- The Return of Hi-C Orange: Hi-C orange was a popular soda drink that was discontinued after 2017. Yet, McDonald's has introduced it again recently to make your summer days refreshing again.
- Renewed sandwich war: If you are a sandwich lover, you will be most pleased to know that McDonald’s has now added three new sandwiches to its menu. They are the Deluxe Chicken Sandwich, the Crispy Chicken Sandwich, and the Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich. They all feature a chicken fillet that has a juicier and bulkier texture than the other fillings.
- The Rise of McCafe: McDonald’s had all but forgotten about bringing in new items for the McCafe bakery. Yet, last year, the food store proved that it was worth the decade wait as it introduced three new baked items: Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry Muffin, and the Apple Fritter. Apple pie and chocolate chip cookies are no longer solitary baked goods.
- Plant-based burgers: After a lot of buzz, McDonald’s has finally included a plant-based burger into its menu, the McPlant. Finally catering to its vegetarian audience, McPlant is said to be the first of many plant-based items. However, the food item is still going through its trial period and is only available in a very few locations.
- Fan-favorite food items: If you are a loyal fan of a certain thing, you sometimes come up with your own theories and creative ideas. McDonald’s actually brought this into practice when they included four fan-made items on its menu. Taking into account its loyal fan base and the creativity of the fans, McDonald's has referred to these 4 new items as the "Menu Hack".
- The first one is the Crunchy Double. It is a double cheeseburger with tangy barbecue sauce sprinkled on the insides, topped with chicken McNuggets on the side.
- The Hash Brown McMuffin is a sausage McMuffin with a hashbrown and an egg assorted into the middle part of the dish.
- The Surf + Turf is another item that includes a Double Cheeseburger. This time there is a filet-o-fish piled on top of the burger.
- The land, air, and sea are just as creative as they sound, and they taste incredible as well. The fans have taken three of the most popular McDonald’s items and turned them into the most delicious combo by stacking them all on top of each other. The item consists of a Filet-O-Fish on the bottom, a Big Mac in the middle, and a McChicken at the top.
Other changes being implemented by McDonald's
Apart from bringing changes in its menu, Mcdonald's is also implementing changes to its operations and mainly the ingredients. The purpose is to embrace sustainability and to offer items that are good for the health of the consumers while making sure the quality of the food is not compromised. Some of the changes are listed below.
- Making a commitment to source and use 100% cage-free eggs within 2025 throughout the United States and Canada.
- Refreshing the Egg McMuffin by using 100% real butter instead of the previously used margarine.
- Deciding to not use any kind of artificial growth hormones in their ingredients. They will source low-fat milk and low-fat yogurt (Go-GURT) from cows that have not been treated by using rbST, the artificial growth hormone.
- Ensuring that any kind of buns used in their food items such as hamburgers, Big Macs, etc. do not consist of high fructose corn syrup.
- Saying no to artificial preservatives. This includes artificial flavors or colors which were previously included in the breakfast platters, sandwiches, Chicken McNuggets, and much more.
- Abolishing antibiotics of any kind to not compromise the welfare of animals. All the chicken food items are made from chickens that have not come into contact with antibiotics. In the process, there are now more antibiotics that can be used for human medicine.
If you are interested in knowing about further changes McDonald's is looking forward to implementing and you want to know all about it in detail, you can find it all here.
How To Order All Day Breakfast Online?
One mostly looks for all day breakfast offers when one does not get up at the ideal breakfast time. It's also understandable if you don't feel like coming out of the house for breakfast at that hour. Fortunately, technological advancements have made everything easier.
Thus, it is no difficult feat to order all day breakfast online and have it delivered to your doorstep at just a few taps of your finger. Below I have provided step-by-step instructions in order to assist you.
Step 1: Pick a restaurant that has available delivery services and offers an all day breakfast menu.
Step 2: Go to their website and check out the all day breakfast menu.
Step 3: You can also opt for Doordash and you can simply find the available all day breakfast deals presented to you instead of having to look for it yourself. You will not even have to pay any delivery charges if it is your first order.
Step 4: Add whatever food items appeal to you into the cart option.
Step 5: Proceed towards payment. Cash, card, Apple pay all should be accepted.
Step 6: Through the GPS tracker, you can also track where the delivery person is and how far away he/she is from your location.
Benefits of Ordering All Day Breakfast Online
Ordering all day breakfast online can bring multiple benefits for you. Such as saving on transportation costs and getting to rest instead of having to go out. There are many other benefits as well. They are as follows.
Restaurants regularly offer discounts to customers online so that they order more and more. Through this, they also get more acquainted with the restaurant's food items while saving a bit of their money.
Standing in long lines for a long time can be one of the most frustrating things. Even more so when you are on an empty stomach and looking forward to breakfast. You can avoid all that by ordering online.
Helping the restaurants
By ordering online, the restaurants have an opportunity to serve you more efficiently as the applications regarding the food take less time when it comes to the online world. They can also save your location for your future orders which only adds to the convenience.
Yes, it can be disheartening to learn that McDonald’s does not have all day breakfast anymore. Some lucky people in lucky locations still have access to it. Yet there is still hope.
As the world is slowly returning to normalcy, there are high chances that McDonald’s will include its all day breakfast on the menu again. This time across all locations. All you can do is keep your fingers crossed. After all, the alternative options I have included serve some delicious all day breakfast meals as well. Till then, wishing you a happy meal.